⛵ Arguably the most daunting topic: how many interviews, how long should they be, what do we talk about, who interviews for what? Good news, if you establish best practices up-front, the whole process will go smoother and faster.
Back to the main dashboard!
Back to Set-up
Next up: Closing candidates
Table of Contents
📜 Rules of engagement
💡 Whether it's in-person or video chat, remember these simple rules:
- Introduce yourself including your role in the company. (We hate to say that interviewers often forget this!)
- Consider adding a 15 minute buffer between Zoom interviews to allow for breaks, technical difficulties and overtime. Alternately:
- Ask the candidate if they need a break (restroom, water, snack).
- Watch the clock and wrap up on time.
- Let candidates know who's up next, as a friendly reminder.
- If you're the last interviewer, inform the candidate that they're done, and thank them for their time!
🏗️ Interview structure
A typical interview process includes multiple stages. Click toggles to learn more.
💡 Ideally, the first touch point starts the closing process, meaning you should continually sell the candidate. More on selling here.
- 💖 Phone/video screen 1 - ideally with a Recruiter
- 🖋️ Phone/video screen 2 - ideally with a Hiring Manager (HM)
- 🎗️ Pre-onsite/Zoom brief